This is, hands down, my favorite salad.
And I eat A LOT of salads.
This cobb salad is on the hearty side so it’s great for when you’re really hungry AND you want to be healthy.
There’s protein, healthy fat, and lots of fiber from all the veggies – a triple-win in my nutrition book.
But let’s be honest, it simply tastes good and looks beautiful. I mean LOOK AT ALL THE COLORS!
You can confidently serve this if you’re having friends over for lunch and no one will complain you’re having SALAD.
The ingredients are optional so if you see something you don’t like, just leave it out or swap in an alternative.
- 3 cups packed, chopped lettuce of choice (I love romaine but any lettuce works!)
- 1/2 of a diced avocado
- 3 strips pre-cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 small diced tomato
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked, diced chicken (I used this brand – time saver! Leftover crockpot or grilled chicken works great, too.)
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped scallion
- 2 – 3 Tablespoons crumbled blue or feta cheese
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- Start with lettuce in a large bowl and add the toppings of your choice. Pair with your favorite dressing and enjoy right away.
- PREP-AHEAD TIP! You can prepare/chop all your ingredients the day before and store everything in snaptop containers in the fridge. Then it takes no time at all to assemble your beautiful salad the next day.