While ringing in the New Year, some of us may choose to imbibe with a few flutes of the bubbly.
The next morning, if you awaken with a twinge of a headache, make one of these STAT.
The amazing ingredients bathe your insides with cleansing, alkalizing nutrients and will have your body singing “Hallelujah!”
Or something like that….
It will at least forgive you for having a little too much fun.
I have one of these whenever I’m feeling a little meh.
Serves one large glass or can divide to share between two cleanse-needy folks.
Will keep for 12 hours covered in fridge. Just stir with a spoon to mix it all up again.
Get ready to taste a little sunshine!
- 1 apple, cut into quarters (peel, seeds, and all; we love Fuji but any will do)
- 1/2 a lemon (peel, seeds, and all)
- 1/2 an orange (peel, seeds, and all)
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 handful raw greens (kale, spinach, etc.)
- 1/3 cucumber (unpeeled)
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 cup water
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for 30-45 seconds, till smooth.
- Strain contents through a nut milk bag or strain juice through a fine-mesh colander over a large bowl. A cheese-cloth should work, too.
- Squeeze out as much juice as you can.
- If you’re very ambitious, you can save the pulp in 1/4 cup amounts and freeze for use in muffins and other quick breads for added fiber and nutrients.
- If you have a juicer, then enjoy straight away!